Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The fake news… Weren’t that fake after all

Maybe you’ve already read my latest rant about some online blogs giving as a fact the last entry on Gary Wolf’s blog about a buddy movie starring Roger Rabbit and Mickey Mouse, which will feature Walt Disney and a cameo by Orson Welles.

It was too good to be real, so I went full skeptic.

But, know what? It’s actually real, and it’s actually happening!!

A person who is closer to Gary Wolf than me (who wants to remain anonymous) told me those news are, in fact, real. “The Stooge” is an actual in-development project, which is being discussed with Disney and Pixar at this moment. That doesn’t mean it’s going to be greenlighted, but there’s a slight chance they pull the trigger and give “The Stooge” a try.

My most sincere apologies to Ain’t It Cool News and Bleeding Cool for my rant on the last entry of my blog. Also my most sincere apologies to Gary Wolf and his star columnist Walter Windchill.

This is the second time I rant about legit news that are actually happening. Maybe I should be less skeptic and more receptive to those kind of news.

3 comments:

Alex. G said...

Don't be to hard on yourself, Gary Wolf did accidently use the Walter pseudonym on that article so you were right to be suspicious.

J. C. Estrada said...

I know Alex. But it's not good for the blog stuffing it with rants and my biased point of view about news.

Take care of Toontown Antics, buddy. I really, really trust you =)

The Movie Monitor said...

oh my goodness i sure as holy mackeral hope that Roger Rabbit's The Stooge is actually a real film project because it is now 2018 and it has been 5 years since The Stooge has been announced and proposed but unfortunately there is still no sign of this movies progress or getting the greenlight and i even tried to send Gary K Wolf some emails asking him about The Stooge and his Cartoon Tv show Tunetown Hardboiled